Finding new social media management clients can be challenging for digital agencies, freelancers and social media experts. You are competing with literally hundreds of other experienced professionals who may have larger budgets, perfected sales pitches and a more established presence in the market. So how do you find new social media clients in a manner that is both cost effective and not massively time consuming.
Let's look at the current approach some digital agencies, freelancers and social media experts use.
- Find businesses in chambers of commerce and other business directories - while this is a low cost approach you have little ability to customise your searches. For example you can't find businesses that already have a social media presence, you can't find businesses that are in certain industries and you can't filter down to businesses that have a budget that matches your services.
- Connect with businesses via social media - while this is great if you have a limited budget, like the issues above it does not allow much flexibility in how you search for new clients. For example there is no feature on Twitter to only search for companies that have over 10,000 Twitter followers and are based near you. All searching will have to be manually filtered down to relevant prospects. This is extremely time consuming.
- Buy social media management leads - while this may be a fast method to get qualified clients and will typically allow you to have more control over how suitable to prospect is by instructing the lead provider to only send you certain types of leads, there is no guarantee you will generate a positive return on your investment. It's a quick way to burn through your marketing budget.
Sell Digital can offer you a better approach to finding new social media clients. We have a constantly updated database of over one million
UK based websites. Every time we find a new UK based website we run a collection of checks on it. These include everything
from social media metrics such as number of Twitter followers or Facebook page likes to where they are based, the industry they operate in and the companies turnover. All this information is stored in an easy to use web based system that allows you to perform powerful highly customised searches for new clients in seconds.
Lets take a look at some of the searches you might want to perform to find new social media clients.
- Search for all websites in the UK with over 10,000 Twitter followers
- Search for all websites in a 10 mile radius of you with over 5,000 Twitter followers
- Search for all websites in the UK where their Facebook page has over 5,000 likes
- Search for all websites within a 50 mile radius of you where their Facebook page has over 5,000 likes and their business turnover is above 6.5 million
- Search for all websites within a 2 mile radius of you that have over 3,000 Twitter followers
- Search for all children's entertainment related websites in the UK with over 7,000 Twitter followers
- Search for all children's entertainment related websites in the UK that have been shared over 10,000 times
- Search for all children's entertainment related websites in the UK that have been shared over 10,000 times and export all their email addresses
As you can see you can customise your searches in a very specific and powerful way to find the perfect social media management prospects that are more likely to be converted into clients to help you grow your business.
Now you've seen how powerful our searches can be, let's see how simple they are to perform.
As you can see a powerful search such as all websites related to "children" that own Facebook page's with over 5,000 likes within a 30 mile radius of you is incredibly easy.
Try out our social media searcher